LondonSalsa are challenging anyone in the world to capture the most unusual video clip of salsa!
Your video clip can last up to a minute and dancers must obviously be dancing salsa.
The video clip can feature you or a friend.
To qualify, two people should be dancing salsa as a couple and must contain at least 2 elements of the Big Dance Salsa Sequence.
This is actually 12 monthly challenges and one outright winner.
Last entries 25th of each month.
Thats your choice.
The more unusual the better.
Take it at work? Salsa in your cupboard? Dance it on a pool table? Can you salsa at the top of Everest? Are you able to salsa in googles and flippers in the Pacific Ocean win? In Times square? Under Big Ben? At a major musical event? Perhaps you can get a celebrity or policemen to salsa with you at a sports event?
It really is your choice!
You also get to choose the winner!
Once entries close on 31.12.11 London Salsa will pick the videos seen most often in each month to create a top 12.
Throughout January 2012, you will have the option to vote for the most unusual salsa video of 2011.
How to enter- Just 4 steps
1) Make sure that you have a profile on London Salsa that holds a picture of you or an Avartar.
2) Get your video clip edited down to 1 minute and upload on to a video hosting site like YouTube OR your own web site OR profile on FaceBook
(eg. The London Salsa Big Dance Salsa Sequence link is
3) Write a description of your video
This should be no longer than 100 words and should contain
i) The name of the video
ii) The name of the video creator
iii) Where and when the video was taken
iv) The names of the participants, dance troupe or individuals where known
4) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
That email should contain :
i) Your name and email address
ii) The words "Salsa Video 2011" in the subject line
iii) Your LondonSalsa profile Name
Mine is "LeighAdams" (see http://www.londonsalsa.co.uk/ProfileDisplay.php?u=1003)
iv) THE LINK TO YOUR VIDEO
v) The description of your video
Monthly prizes and annual prize to be announced
Each month, the video with most plays in the month after you enter will be the monthly winner.
Each monthly winner gets entered into the annual challenge to be judged by YOU in January 2011
1) By entering as above, you give us permission to link to your video and agree that in no respect are LondonSalsa or Global Dance Card liable for any losses as a result of featuring a link to your video on www.londonsalsa.co.uk.
2) You must be either the creator of the video or one of the participants in the video or have the permission of at least 1 pair of dancers in the video that you can enter your video into the competition.
3) You are allowed to edit your video in order to ensure your location is absolutely clear. eg if you are under the Eiffel Tower, you can splice your video.
Our rule here is that almost anything counts but please let us know if your video footage is "Real" or "Your creation".
There will be prizes in each category but if you claim your entry is real and we discover it not to be, we will discard it for prize purposes.
4) If you are posting us a link from the video you have uploaded to YouTube or any other site that you are using to host the video, you must abide by the rules/outlines of the site you are hosted upon.
NB - London Salsa will not host your video.
We will display a link to your video
5) You must be a personal or professional member of LondonSalsa.
See our home page of www.londonsalsa.co.uk for details of how to become a member, if you aren't already.
6) You must declare if you have any professional or corporate reason for entering your video into the competition.
We will approve of corporate videos but they will be discarded as entries if this declaration hasn't been made in advance.
7) London Salsa will choose which "links to videos" that we think qualify for entry. We do not guarantee to view every video, so make sure your description of the video is appealing
8) The number of views for your video will be adjudicated by London Salsa.
Essentially we will monitor how many views your video has had from 1st of month till end of month.
We do not claim 100% accuracy but will do our best and our judgement will be final on all matters.
9) Please make your entry before midday on the 25th of each month to qualify for the following months' challenge.
10) Your clip must contain dancers doing at least 2 elements of the Big Dance Salsa Sequence
11) By entering this challenge your video link may be added to the London Salsa newsletter which is sent from time to time with news of other competitions to members of the site and is displayed elsewhere on the net and in the media. By entering, you give us permission to share the link with any individual or organisation -- NB we will not give any personal detail, such as real name or email address
Please do mention the challenge to friends-
Who knows-they may even share their prize with you if they win?
This challenge is being brought to you by www.londonsalsa.co.uk.
You can contact us on Tel: +44 (0)871 200 3051.
Your details will be held on our database and you will be added to the London Salsa email list.
Your name will appear if you win a prize. Winners names may be associated with the area of origin eg.Joe Bloggs, of Camden, has won competition XYZ but no more detail.
Personal details may be transferred or disclosed to any company within the Global Dance Card/London Salsa company who we consider best able to carry out the above functions. Your personal and account data will not be disclosed to any other customer of the site, nor to third parties not directly related to LS but may be disclosed to an applicable government, regulatory or enforcement authorities when required by law. The Company from time to time may use third parties to process your personal details but any such processing will be strictly governed by a contract as required by law.
To be removed at any time from future mailings, please email us at email@example.com with your email address (or the email address you want removed) typed in the Subject Line of your email.
Please allow 48 hours for your address to be removed. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please note that Global Dance Card accept no responsibility email sent by 3rd parties purporting to be from Global Dance Card or LondonSalsa nor for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan attachments